There Will Be Violence review by Impending Doom

• Released: Jul 20, 2010
Impending Doom: There Will Be Violence

These guys seem more metalcore than deathcore. That being said, they did open for Whitechapel on the European leg of the Welcome To Hell tour. Impending Doom is a Christian "gorship" band. Meaning they worship god through their gore style of music. I personally love the band and this album is great. They are not really all that innovative, but I love this style of music. This album was produced by Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying at his studio. Tim also contributes vocals to "Orphans" and Vincent Bennett from The Acacia Strain also appears on "Peace Illusion".

The lyrics are faith oriented. It is shocking to me that they would have a song called, or even name their album "There Will Be Violence". I love the intro and in the middle if it the singer whispers... Silence... Before they kick off into the title track. The one thing I do notice, is that they kind of sound like As I Lay Dying, but maybe a bit heavier. The thing I love about deathcore/metalcore, is the musicianship. The guitar player is amazing and the drummer is awesome, while the bass player rounds everything out musically. The vocals are killer and keeps everything brutal.

Impending Doom are evolving and in the right direction. They are socially better than As I Lay Dying. There leaps and bounds better than say Suicide Silence or As Blood Runs Black. The standouts on this album are "There Will Be Violence", "Orphans", and "Peace Illusion". I really dig these guys and I am definitely gonna check out their newest offering. There is nothing that I personally dislike and I would definitely buy it again if I lost it.