Clayman review by In Flames

• Released: Jul 25, 2000
In Flames: Clayman

First off, this is my personal favorite out of all their CDs. They take their sound ina tottally different direction, while still managing to maintain they're old "kick". Bjorn and Jesper really put out some awesome riffs, and the solos still kick the same ass they always have. Daniel Svennson puts out some badass drums too, while Anders' voice is simply breathtaking on some of the songs. Songs like "Cloud Connected" and "Trigger" really have a way of getting you going, while at the same time thinking "Damn, that's some deep shit." It's awesome.

They lyrics on this CD are sheer poetry. Anders voice has improved in my opinion. He has a way of getting the feelings across perfectly, like in "Trigger," "Dawn of a New Day," and "Metaphor". It's awesome, and the lyrics never went so well with their music.

None of the other albums compare to this one. If you wanna try out In Flames and see if they're any good, this is the album to do it with. I love every possible thing about this album, and I have no complaints. If this album were stolen or something, I'd buy it again for sure. This is one of the best metal CDs I own, and it's probably the best one you should own if you don't already.