Come Clarity review by In Flames

• Released: Feb 7, 2006
In Flames: Come Clarity

Ok, we all know In Flames' original sound and how they changed for STYE (I did not think this was really a terrible thing) and people didn't like it. Well if you think of it on a scale (10 being there original and 1 being STYE) this is definatley a 5. It has the best of both worlds. They have more harmonized guitar riffs, but still retain the sound from STYE and the technoish synth vibes that were constant in STYE. There are a few more solos on this, unlike STYE. And ofcourse you have the trademark Friden choruses which I love oh so much. Overall I like it.

As I said before this is there in between album, it's like they are trying to reclaim what they once had, and it's not a bad shot. I enjoy this album quite a bit. Some faveorite songs of mine from this are Dead End. It has a guest female vocalist which I thought was cool, I'm a big fan of female vox. Theres a song called Scream on here as well, which is kind of anthem-esque, which isn't bad. Crawl Through Knives is a pretty awesome song as well, along with Pacing Deaths' Trail. Oh and how could I forget the December Flower re-make (just kidding ofcourse). Overall like I said before I like it.