Come Clarity review by In Flames

• Released: Feb 7, 2006
In Flames: Come Clarity

Well let me start by saying I am not someone who just picked up his first In Flames album. I love In Flames but have been disapointed but both SoundTrack and R2R so I was kinda hesitant to pick up this album. A friend of mine got me to get it, he just got into In Flames so he was all happy te get it. I got the Limited Edition, comes with DVD and poster as well a cd coarse. The DVD acculy suprized me, it is shot in "The Pit" during the recoding sessions, black and white but it is acculy really good. I am not going to lie and say that In Flames is back or even taht they have gone bak to their old sound. Andres has changed his style, the guitar work though had really stepped up compaired to STE or R2R so I am acculy kinda happy that I got it. The poster has, on one side, a bunch of strange drawings, much like the cover but only in black and white, with red blood, no In Flames has not gone emo. It allso has all the lyrics written by hand on it. The other side is the cover just extended. Peter's bass playing has really stepped up I was accualy really suprized. Though some people like to complain about the drumming I have always it so it is just as good. This is a step up, many songs have a good mix of death metal with an almost power metal guitar harmony, meaing some very serious riffage vocals do come over top of some of the more chugging parts sounds great on some songs. Over all this album is though not old In Flames style never the less a much improved In Flames.

The lyrics are well dark like all In Flames but not as screamed or growled, has harmonies as well as acual singing, not the edge of In Flames from say Whoricle but still it isn't bad, kinda neat to have a guest female voice. Lisa Miskovsky accually does compliment Andres still not my favourite song but Dead End isn't bad. The Death Metal vocals that I loved are gone sadly but still vocals are ok.

Well yes it does compare to and beat 2 In Flames album R2R and STE, however it does not stand up to, say The Jesters Race or Whoricle still over all I think there is some hope for In Flames. Well Take This Life is a good example of the good new sound of In Flames. I sort of like the first 2 minutes of Reflect The Storm but then its get realy annoying and nu-metal, the title track, Come Clarity is newer style but I do like it, it is kinda of a follow up to Evil In a Closet, but has accualy acoustic guitar on it, it does have Emo-ish lyrics sadly though. Our Infinite Struggle is ok kinsa unique in that it does contain a Blues inspired lead though it is a bit repetative. Over all In Flames has change alot, as do most Metal bands however 3/4 of the band is back on track, Andres just need a swift kick in the ass and stop saying "You should realize, it hurts!" In Flames has done what very few other metal bands have managed, that is that they have not lost themselves totally, they will be better in the next album. It's not that I think they should replace Andres just that he need to realize no one want emo-metal. "In Flames We Trust - the band of the free and the home of the brave."