Come Clarity review by In Flames

• Released: Feb 7, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 1.7 Junky
In Flames: Come Clarity

In Flames were once a truly briliant band, I liked Reroute and Soundtrack was good but nothing they have ever done will ever match upto their debut album 'Lunar Strain' and Come Clarity is no exception. The guitars as usual are heavily distorted with above average playing, the solos are few and far between and never very long or particularily good. VERY occasionaly an acoustic guitar will be played but it just doesnt't seem to go very well with the electric guitars.

The lyrics as usual are weird and not really about anything just like the previous albums. Anders (the vocalist) is a great growler and quite good at normal singing but with this new album he's doing something new, yes ladies and gentlemen he's started doing whiney emo vocals, I couldnt believe it when I heard it, emo and In Flames don't mix, Anders vocals have absolutley ruinded this album! There are female vocals on one track which are pretty cool but can't redeem this terrible piece of work.

This is without a doubt the worst IF album they have ever made, I find it annoying that IF are getting rich and famous with rubbish like this, if you want real metal listen to Wintersun, Thunderstone, Kataklysm or 3 inches of blood and not the Numetal piece of crap that is Come Clarity. If it were stolen I wouldn't mind, I have it on my hard-drive and I'm never gonna listen to it again anyway.

mike130
    CC is everything but emo. It is, in fact, anti-emo. Look at the lyrics for "Take This Life", it is not about COMMITTING suicide, it's about other people reaching out to you and STOPPING YOU FROM COMMITTING suicide. Really great album, not as mind-blowing as TJR or Clayman, but a step back into the melodeath after STYE (a good album IMO, just not really In Flames). Chances are melodeath purists won't like it, but if you're a melodeath purist you'll probably be dissing IF for "selling out" and other crap like that.
    SomethingWild
    i love earlier in flames cds like whoracle and the jester race. have not heard any songs from come clarity, just wondering if they are at all comparable?
    manjosk8
    In Flames are funking great. That's the best album they ever made. Buy it and it won't dissapoint!
    metalreaper450
    Alright, i have every in flames album (except for STYE which doesn't count anyways) and this album is decent. Of course its not as good as their old stuff (if you don't think so then you're a nu-metal mainstream fag) but it has bright spots like the guitar harmonies and melodies. This album is a step in the right direction but not "their best album ever." whoever says that is lying.