Come Clarity review by In Flames

• Released: Feb 7, 2006
In Flames: Come Clarity

One of my friends told me about this band and ever since I found out about them I have liked this band ever since I found at about them. Bjrn Gelotte and Jesper Strmblad are the guitarists for this band and I love everything they do, Jesper's leads are amazing and the solos he does on this album are absolutely insane and just incredible. On the other hand Bjrn does such an amazing job on backing up Jesper when Jesper is doing the lead guitar parts in the songs, they are an awesome combo and skilled at what they do. Peter is an awesome bass player and when I am listening to the album I can hear the bass really clearly and I'll tell you one thing Peter is skilled at bass, and he backs up the guitars really well. The drums on this album amazed and Daniel does such a good job on them and when he is pounding the shit out of those things it's all worthwhile and he backs up the instrumesnts and the singing very nicely along with every other instrument.

Anders is a really talented songwriter and Bjrn helped him out when he was writing the lyrics and both of them are a really good combo. Anders screaming on this album is awesome and you can actually understand what the guy is saying and his singing voice is so melodic and sometimes it can be really deep emotion songs such Come Clarity, or it can be the hardcore shit where he screams his lungs out Crawl Through Knives which is an awesome song by the way and one of my favourites. The lyrics also fall very smoothly with the song and it is really cool.

Well hell no this album can't compare to any other albums. In Flames are a melodic death metal band and no band can be compared to them, because they are just awesome and I haven't heard an album that sounds like this or almost like this. The most impressive songs on this album would have to be Crawl Through Knives, Come Clarity, Dead End, Scream, Reflect The Storm and Leeches would have to be my absolute favourite tracks on this creative masterpiece. All the other songs are good too but thouse are the best on the album. I love everything about this album and I am happy that this band has guitar solos because man where have the solos gone these years with such pussy music such as Simple Plan and other poppy shit. So yah these guys really impressed and the 1st time I heard this album I was like wow I gotta get more and I will get more that I promise. If it were stolen/lost I will defenitely buy this album again because it is a masterpiece. So I would recommend this album to anyone who is willing to try In Flames guaranteed you will not be disappointed and any metal head out there.

The JesterHead
    Heh, Jesper is rarely the one shredding... Bjorn prefers to be the one doing all the solos, so you'll have to dethrone Jesper cause he's usually the rhythm
    whitesummer527
    in regards too all the spelling/grammer mistakes in that last post....this keyboard sucks hahahahah
    whitesummer527
    All I know is I heard this cd first and really liked In Flames, I then checkedout their older stuff and pretty much made them a nunber #1 band in my books. Sure, the cd's differ somewhat in style....but man, Jesper shreds.
    staind_dust87
    I cannot put into words how incredible this album is, probably In Flames' peak in terms of quality. Everything about this album is awesome, and on a grand scale. Love this album, much better than "A Sense Of Purpose."
    The JesterHead
    I agree... He actaully LIKED R2R and STYE, and gives CC a 1.7!? WTF!? It's waaay too obvious that CC definetly tops the previous two, and this is not a matter of opinion - these are FACTS... I know what I'm talking about, trust me... I've been a fan for very long time now, and already know the songs by heart... I'd understand if he was a "purist", but the first sentence knocked me off the chair... This guy's an idiot...
    guitar_shredda*
    that guy who gave this album 1.7 should be dragged into the street and shot. what a wanker who knows nothing NOTHING about music!!!
    The Black Salts
    After Colony it all went downhill. Clayman was the same except less solos, Reroute was the beginning of the synth and their mechanical sound, STYE honed that sound and now Come Clarity is Inflames trying to dig its way out of the dirt. An honourable effort, but if their next album sounds anything like Clayman or an album that came before it I'll be surprised.
    Jester.Race
    Reroute to Remain was an effing class act. STYE was a big step in a wrong direction, nothing really stood out from the entire CD. This is progress towards a more mainstream metal sound. But I love this sound for In Flames, it's a progression. The guys are still making music they like, most of the fans except the hardcore death metallers like it, and they are making more money with it. Props to them.
    Mekho
    In Flames is awesome, they should not get insulted for playing music that they created and feel like playing, though they have changed since R2R, They have always stuck to their Roots. The Kids Not accepting the Change in In Flames Sound are probably very limited in their Musical Taste and only listen to stuff because its "cool" and not because of what music is meant to be
    molsen74
    clinicalillness : Man.. it really is eye opening looking back on all this shit. I think what most of you "purists" are forgetting is that In Flames are ****ing human, Everyone makes mistakes, and if you honestly drop this band out of your playlists just because you accuse em of selling out or some bullshit like that you are dead wrong. Just because a band changes there sound on an album doesnt mean they arent still the in flames of old. The fact is you gotta respect them for branching in different directions. i personally have adored every one of their albums for giving me some great MUSIC. Not some stupid ass category of a genre that spends to much time dissecting itself until you cant see were you even started. And wtf is up with people blamming STYE? It didnt actually have any half bad tracks on it and the guitar work on it was excellent. And the vocals were the best ive heard from Anders melodic side. Just think you guys gotta pull all that haughty elitism out your ass and realise these guys are ****ing good at what they do. And at the end of the day its about the music, not some pussy little asswipes raving on a messageboard about how "Mainstream" or "Gay" the album is. Props to all the real in flames fans out there.
    well put. well put.
    theberzerker!!!
    I agree with what you said about versus terminus you just expect her to start singing in that song
    castoo
    this is their best imo, i have everything but tjr, and personally, clayman is about as heavy as R2R imo, and not half as catchy, STYE isn't in flames, but its still really good... colony has some weird shit on there, but i like about half of it. and come clarity is the most aggresive, and has the best singing/lyrics... singings been going uphill imo
    clinicalillness
    Kadavreski
    CRAWL THROUGH KNIVES!! because jesus, i have too many this album is no good, in my opinion, and take this life, for example, feels emo, even if it isn't
    Orneblad
    Schmietty wrote: Is everyone SERIOUS?! Come Clarity is easily the worst In Flames album to date. Its all emo bullshit. Nothing against In Flames, Jester Race, Whoracle, and Soundtrack to Yuor Escape are excellent. But this CD is crap. Hopefully In Flames will do better next time.
    WTF?! EMO? Yeah, of course it's EMO. BTW I heard this great metalguitarist, I think his name was Britney Spears. Amazing. And BTW (again), the girl singing with Anders on the song "Dead end" is Lisa Miskovsky, a Swedish artist. Not the Lacuna Coil girl fade2black2004!
    GreenFlame08
    i dont really care what anyone says about in flames, they're the best band out there. to come out with that many albums, is just unbelievable. and all this hype about "mainstream," yeah ok just because this album doesnt want you to smash your head into the wall doesnt mean its not good. ease up a little bit, huh? personally, this album is one of the best i've ever heard. and on a side note, seeing these guys in concert is one KICK ASS TIME, especially when they put distortion on Come Clarity. its a sick twist on an already great song, and they somehow made it better.
    Pitiful89
    I agree Last Ablaze, every album from IF has its ups and downs but every single one of them is decent. Even STYE and Come Clarity, though some of you say it is mainstream nu-metal crap or something like that. Sure, IF has been influenced by populair music, but to keep making the same music of the same sound each and every album is a little sellout to me. Bands should try new things. Some fans like it and some fans don't. I like all of their albums; Whoracle, STYE, Come Clarity, Lunar Strain.. all good to me. And besides, it seems that Come Clarity worked out for the band, they are getting a lot of credit for their efforts.. But mainstream??... Compare it to things like Linkin Park or Muse, that's mainstream. Seams pretty different to me... And if you give 'Take this life' a good listen, than there is no doubt you're listening fcuking metal...
    Last Ablaze
    all of there albums have something that appeals to different tastes, so saying that this album is really good or really bad means nothing... i personally thought it was pretty good...
    ordinary_story
    all albums are top notch...these guys r gud musicians..keep it up! and...why is the sound quality of this album so sucky??