Reroute To Remain review by In Flames

• Released: Sep 3, 2002
In Flames: Reroute To Remain

In flames originate from sweden.They are one of the 3 founders of the "Melodic Death metal" subgenre that they have constantly re-invented over time and time again.As albums progressed In Flames eventually formed into a formidable Alternative Metal band.This Album was there first shot at a totla Alt Metal approach to their already chaotic Melo-Death sound.Guitarsits Jesper Stromblad and Bjorn Gellote plugged their ESP Guitars and turned their Peavey amps all the way up to 11 and cranked guitar snorts that would make all other Metalcore bands quiver with fear.The Album is a perfect display of their chaotic death Metal based sound with electronics and clean vocals.To put it short this album kicks major league ass.

The lyrics continue in the same vain as Claymn's lyrics did.Personal Struggles seem to be the main focus of this album.Anders delivers his usual extreme vocal performance.It goes from death Metal Growls and Light melodic singing.This will undoubtdly leave an impression on you. You can bitch as much as you want about them selling out but I personally found this a great album.

This is my favourite In flames album.Whether They growl, sing, scream or do anything else I can't seem to get enough. I love songs Like Drifter, Trigger, Cloud connected, Reroute to remain and Minus. I loved old In Flames and I actually can't get enough of new In flames. The songs have also gotten a lot better live. You here songs like Moonshield and Upon an Oaken throne and you think they're amazing on the album but you here it live and the songs just don't sound quite the same, but if you here the song Trigger for example, it almost seems better live. I would Atomic bomb the persons house and then poop on their grave for ever stealing this album.

noodleplugerine
    Slaytanic1993
    Thhe Jester Race is better than this excuse for standard heavy metal called melodic death metal.
    roarinflames
    The JesterHead wrote: Yes, as a matter of fact I AM talking about Lunar Strain and other old albums. You don't like it because you're obviously into mainstream music (I may be wrong), but Lunar Strain was one of the most inspired albums by In Flames. They never had a specific idea, a specific aim or subject except for Whoracle, which was a concept album with a very specific subject and a theme progressing through the songs. Their lyrics were fantasy and astrology, and that was very cool in a way... The new stuff is about internal struggles, and it seems to me that In Flames are aiming for a different crowd now. It used to be about the world, about how it's wrong and how we should fix it... It was also about art, astrology and fantasy... But today it's about how Anders wants to cut himself because he's depressed - and I don't really appreciate that. They unfortunately lost the inspiration a long time ago, and simply lost interest for those things which manifests in their new music.
    so you diss on people that listen to mainstream metal but then claim you're not a "Pure True Metalhead" wow i dont need to speak on that matter anymore and the problem with lunar strain was that they should have organized it more it was like making a movie out of a book they just crammed everything they could think of into it while losing its density and "fullness."
    noodleplugerine
    roarinflames
    noodleplugerine wrote: Thats total bollocks. Jester Race, Lunar Strain and Whoracle are works of genius. For someone with the name in flames in their username, I would expect you to actually know a bit about them. Reroute to Remain has a whole load of extremely catchy, extremely accesable, simple songs, although they're not good songs in the same way that Moonshield or Lord Hypnos etc are good songs. They don't even compete really.
    for some reason everybody seems to think thats where i got the name from my username is two words: roarin flames its been my email name since i was ten (i had no clue who in flames were then) and also i didnt say lunar strain was bad i just said it was jumbled it was extremely sperratic and jumped to way too many different elements that were necessary. if you seperate the songs from that album, they are all great songs (despite the fact that most of the tracks are mislabeled). together on an album however, and they seem all over the place. but what do you expect for a bands debut album now just to recap im not a hardcore in flames fan im also not a metal elitist therefore i dont believe that if a band hits a big record label, they automatically suck
    castoo
    The JesterHead wrote: ... Um... How many In Flames albums HAVE you guys heard??? It's literally blasphemy to call this album the best, I actually think R2R and STYE were the biggest disappointments... And I'm not one of those "Pure True Metalheads", it's my honest opinion... I've heard each and every album a lot of times, and R2R was very "unfriendly" for me to listen... Of course, there are great songs, but there's just too much simplicity in it expressed in the wrong way... The older stuff is a lot easier to listen to... A lot...
    All of them. The ones that were written before Anders spoke English kind of fail in that area. Nor are they catchy
    zoomzoom
    based on all of castoo's reviews and comments on in flames and their music respectively, i think i can safely say castoo is a complete idiot with no sense or taste in music and obviously doesnt know in flames and their style. He/she also cant read lyrics for crap.