Soundtrack To Your Escape review by In Flames

• Released: Apr 6, 2004
In Flames: Soundtrack To Your Escape

Ok, so this may be "Radio friendly death metal" but it's pretty damn good! If you are buying this expecting to be shocked by the heaviness the dont but if you want some great melodic death metal then this is definately the album for you. Don't get me wrong, this is no linkin park, the album can be quite heavy in parts. Anders' vocals (both singing and screaming) are on top form and the duelling guitars from bjorn and jesper are very effective. In songs like f(r)iend, you can hear some decent blast drumming, not forgetting the driving bass lines from peter iwers. The keyboards are less prominant than they have been but when you do hear them, they are used in the best way possible. Overall i think this is a great heavy metal album that will be liked by the majority of people.

The lyrics of the album are deep and in some cases even moving. They make you think. In terms of vocal skills, Anders Friden can easily pull of the contrast between melodic singing and the hardcore screams that make this album what it is: brilliant!

Everyone says that In Flames sound like koRn blah blah blah... Maybe they're right. The sound of this album is incredibly far from Jonathan Davies' nu metal monster but there is a noticable difference. I found "Evil in a closet" to be my favourite track from the album. It has melody to it and its a truly moving song. Something that I could listen to over and over. Others that stood out were "Borders and shading" and "Touch of red." If this album was ever stolen I would track down theiving f*%er and set him on fire! He wanted In Flames, he got it! This is definitely worth buying and I would reccomend this to any metal fan.