The Jester Race/Black-Ash Inherritance review by In Flames

• Released: May 14, 2002
In Flames: The Jester Race/Black-Ash Inherritance

This CD is great it sounds very different from other bands. This is a combination of the albums Jester Race and Black-Ash Inherritance. But Black-Ash Inherritance is pretty rare to find and I have never seen Jester Race so that one may be too. So with that out of the way the guitar is really cool and the riffs are my favorite riffs I have ever heard. though it does get hard to listen to all of the way through because of the guitar tone it's very crisp and it's almost hard to hear what they are playing sometimes, but the leads and harmony's are great. If you aren't a fan of deep almost growling vocals you might not like this one.

The lyrics are pretty good though I'm not quite sure what they are talking about sometimes. Anders is a good metal singer there really are no singing parts in this one like there other releases (Clayman, Colony, Reroute To Remain). The lyrics go good with the music you can hear the energy when Anders is singing.

If you like any of there later releases you will enjoy this one or if you were a fan of them before Anders became vocalist of the albums Lunar strain and Subterranean (which they also combined for one CD) you'll like this one alot and find that some songs are redone with Anders as voclaist. I really like this album it's very unique some of my favorites are Moonshield, Behind Space, Artifacts Of Black Rain, Dead Eternity, Lord Hypnos, and acoustic medly. If it where stolen or lost I would buy it agan in a heartbeat.