The Jester Race/Black-Ash Inherritance review by In Flames

• Released: May 14, 2002
In Flames: The Jester Race/Black-Ash Inherritance

The first in flames song I ever heard was "Dead God In Me" and from then on I was completely hooked. I started to learn how to play songs from this alnum and I realized how technical and god-like the guitar work really is. There is superb music on this record and this is by-far my favorite In Flames record. because everything really goes downhill from this CD on in their career. This CD is a must-have for all fans of melodic death metal, it realy defines the genre.

The lyrics are good, they are kind of hard to understand without taking the time to analyze them. But they are good for the style. The vocalist is a pretty good death metal screamer. He's not the best, but it really works well and accentuates the music.

This album is possibly the greatest death metal CD I own, and I am absolutely in love with it. The most impressive songs would have to be "Dead God In Me" and "The Jester Race" they are both superb works of art. And any fan of melodic death metal should have this CD in their collection. I love every song on this CD, I love the production quality. Everything sounds great, this is the best In Flames you can hear. If this CD were stolen or lost I would think twice or take the time to hesitate before going out and buying it again. Neither should you, go buy this now.