The Tokyo Showdown: Live review by In Flames

• Released: Sep 4, 2001
In Flames: The Tokyo Showdown: Live

Being a live album, it is different to the album, sounding more organic, and better generally. In Flames are probably my favourite metal band from Europe, and they have played on without anything looking remotely like a spotlight, but they are much better than Fear Factory and Static-X and all those kind of bands that hog the popularity. The guitars are great, with Iron Maiden-style duelling guitar riffs and solos. The drummer, Daniel Svensonn, is pretty good, and I like Anders voice, but no so much when he goes all quiet, like in Bullet Ride. Top class.

I really can't say anything about the lyrics, since I can't hear any of them, except for in Bullet Ride, and those lyrics arent bad. So I really dont know what to give it, but the lyrics on the album sleeves of the studio albums are pretty good, so an 8 is fair.

Nice sound, cool lyrics, and two fucking great guitarists (or three) Jesper Stromblad, I thank you for putting this band together, I hope they get into the metal mainstream soon, they deserve it.

ZombieDuck
    They may not be mainstream but they are pretty infamous in Scandinavian metal circles and MDM circles.
    Powerageman
    Well and in most of Europe they are popular among metal fans. In the U.S. the problem is you got a buncha wanna-be metal bands that hog up the popularity over there, so In Flames doesnt get the cred they deserve.