The Tokyo Showdown: Live Review

In Flames: The Tokyo Showdown: Live
Release Date: Sep 4, 2001
Label: Nuclear Blast America
Genres: Heavy Metal
Recorded in 2000 during the band's Clayman tour, this hour long live CD consisting mainly of songs from the Clayman, Colony, and Whoracle albums gives a good idea why In Flames has earned such wide appeal among metal fans.
 9.3
 9.3
 9.2
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
The Tokyo Showdown: Live Reviewed by: duncang, on october 25, 2005

Sound: Being a live album, it is different to the album, sounding more organic, and better generally. In Flames are probably my favourite metal band from Europe, and they have played on without anything looking remotely like a spotlight, but they are much better than Fear Factory and Static-X and all those kind of bands that hog the popularity. The guitars are great, with Iron Maiden-style duelling guitar riffs and solos. The drummer, Daniel Svensonn, is pretty good, and I like Anders voice, but no so much when he goes all quiet, like in Bullet Ride. Top class. // 10

Lyrics: I really can't say anything about the lyrics, since I can't hear any of them, except for in Bullet Ride, and those lyrics arent bad. So I really dont know what to give it, but the lyrics on the album sleeves of the studio albums are pretty good, so an 8 is fair. // 8

Overall Impression: Nice sound, cool lyrics, and two fucking great guitarists (or three) Jesper Stromblad, I thank you for putting this band together, I hope they get into the metal mainstream soon, they deserve it. // 10

Comments