Whoracle review by In Flames

• Released: Nov 18, 1997
In Flames: Whoracle

This is In FLames' heaviest album, even heavier than there new ones. It is the most melodic metal of their kind and the heaviest death metal they have ever created, if your a metal junky, you'll love this album. At this time in In Flames' career they didn't have a hole lot of money, or guitars either. So they dug deep and went to girl friends, family, and other friends to help them out to get studio time and to buy good guitars to work with. They also had help of two friends who helped with rhythm guitar and drums on this album. This metal is different from their previous metal, and their future metal, and if anyone has heard them, they will agree with me. Anyways, it sounds amazing.

The lyrics fit their style of music perfectly as they always do. Anders tells amazing stories within his own lyrics he created, that complies with this style of music. He has been with other bands before, if you have ever heard of Dark Tranquility or Ceremonial Oath. So he has good singing skills. As always he puts his skills to the test and matches his lyrics with each and every song.

No other album compares to this one, even of theirs. If you disagree, well that is just to bad isn't it, because this is some of their most innovative stuff ever. The songs I was most impressed with are Jotun, because of its near every riff solo. Food For the Gods because of its creative heavy riffs, and smooth sweeping solo. The Hive for its incredible riffs, and its amazin 1 minute solo, that has many parts to it. Dialogue with the Stars because it is all Instrumental, and it is a hole song of heavy guitar and solos wiht thrown in acoustic riffs. Episode 666 because of its immense output of distortion and hardcore riffs, and Whoracle, which is an acoustic intrumental that falls off of the previous song, Everything counts. I have the Delux version of the album with video clips and other stuff, and this album includes a bonus song, Behind Space '99. Which is what I like about it, there is nothing I hate about it. If it were lost I'd get another, if it were stolen I hope the theif burns In Flames.

StenTheAwesome
    This is one of my favorite albums ever. I bought the import version so i could get Clad In Shadows 99', man that song is awesome.
    tudelu
    this is the best IF album for me... maybe the best album period.
    castoo
    jotun is kinda overrated, quality isn't that good... not a big fan of this cd =/
    ScrewYouAll
    The JesterHead
    ScrewYouAll wrote: metalonastrat wrote: wow 5th to comment on whoracle how much better than come clarity is this? I think everyone should face it... Reroute to Remain, Soundtrack to Your Escape, Come Clarity and A Sense of Purpose just don't live up to the old glory of In Flames... I mean, their latest stuff has glimpses of their talent but it's just not the same...
    Yeah, I only recently saw them playing Artifacts of the Black Rain live from the year 2004 on the Used and Abused DVD. It was excellent, Anders' voice definetly changed, but still - it sounded very good. It was definetly that same old song we all love, and it proves that they can still sound like the old guys. It's just that I think they don't want to anymore... I mean, I've never seen another live version of that song - except that live extract for the music video.
    K!!LsWiTcH
    the hive is a great song but the album itself is amazing i think the jester race is a little better imo