Beautiful Tragedy review by In This Moment

• Released: Mar 20, 2007
In This Moment: Beautiful Tragedy

In this Moment takes a dive into some new qualities of the word "metal" with Beautiful Tragedy. The album, from start to finish has an awesome mix of hardcore/metal and ballads with everything from throwdown worthy breakdowns to emotionaly charged lyrics and singing/screaming that blows you away. Maria Brink definately shows her true colours with the putting together of this album, as well as the talent of this band.

The crefully worked out lyrics, and ear splitting screams shown on this album are what make this band. Maria Brink's powerfull vocals, clashing with blazing metal riffs and breakdowns of Chris Howorth and Blake Bunzel open a whole new door in the world of metal. This gives listners a chance to explore a completely different sound of the genre, and just goes to show how hardcore some chicks can be.

This album is one of the most unique sounding CDS that I've heard in a long time and it was definately worth the trip to HMV. The whole album is a perfect mix of impressive guitar skills and heart punding vocals, as shown on my two favourite songs, "Daddys Fallen Angel" and "This Moment", that clash together to make a completely new, hardcore sound. Beautiful Tragedy gives metalheads everywhere a new reason to throwdown, whiput and wave their lighters in the air.

Soroki
    Too bad the entire tune for the chorus of Prayers is stolen from Killswitch Engage's Rose of Sharyn.
    zantimas
    agreed XD
    Eternium
    zantimas wrote: psychedelicscre wrote: theyre good but tbh , her vocals arent great but shess sooo hot agreed XD
    I like her vocals. I love that there's finally a great metalcore band that mixes songs so that they don't all sound the same. In This Moment is awesome.
    _GoingBlind_
    Maria Brinks vocals are damn cool, yet sometimes over dramatic(not-in-a-good-way), but after I heard the cover of Pantera's Broken I gained so much respect for her.
    axeslinger0u812
    I ****ing love this band. I'm one of the ones that preordered the cd and is in the liner notes. preordered the next one too. I agree that the best part of the cd is that it has such a good mix of hard and soft. Chris and Blake complement each other great, and the rhythm section is fantastic too. And I hear where people think Maria's voice is overly dramatic...like in legacy of odio, but that part in the middle/end became my favorite part of that song. although, as a WHOLE song, it's my least favorite. This is one of my most anticipated releases of this year, and can't wait!
    TheHardcoreKid
    i heard the song 'this moment' and i thought her singing was a little weird. the screaming was cool though.
    Shard Heilia
    I saw them live with Ozzy about a year and a half ago. Their live show left a little to be desired, but the CD is AMAZING. I'm hoping to see them again in like October.
    Silentlassassin
    Saw them last Halloween. Haven't heard of them before, but I enjoyed her vocals. Have been a fan since. Awesome review.