A Crow Left Of The Murder review by Incubus

• Released: Feb 3, 2004
Incubus: A Crow Left Of The Murder

The sound on this album is just as great as all the others. It's amazing how you can hear the gradual change from album to album. I love how they can go from something so energetic (Ex. "Pistola",) To a number as soft and loveable as "Southern Girl", and "Here in my Room". The idea to base a song on piano was just perfect for this album. Ben Kenney makes perfect chemistry with Incubus and I'm so in love with this album. I also love how smoothly "Beware! Criminal" and "Sick Sad Little World" slide into each other. The first couple of times I heard it, I thought they were part of the same piece. "Talk Shows on Mute" is also amazing, and Incubus owns.

Brandon Boyd has continued to yearn as a genius in my mind. He will always have the beautiful, sweet voice that can put me to sleep everynight and the one I can listen to for hours. The lyrics are very different from other bands you might hear. I also like the way alternative band Third Eye Blind has the taste in lyrics, Because they relate to Incubus's. One line I can't get enough of is in 'Southern Girl', "We'll behave like animals, Swing from tree to tree." I also love the lyrics in 'Here In My Room', They really create a mood for the song "You enter in full blown technicolor", "Show me the world seen from the stars." I also love 'Agoraphobia''s "And know that fate is what we make of it." And 'Beware! Criminal's lyrics just stunned me.

The most impressive songs on the album, I can't really decide. I love tracks 1 through 8, And also 11 through 14. I was very impressed that Incubus can do it to me every time. It was so worth the money and so worth cutting lunch to go buy it at Best Buy on the first day. I think this Album is just as good as the others, Possibly better, But we'll see. I love the artistic influence Incubus still has on me and I hope it continues for albums to come.