A Crow Left Of The Murder review by Incubus

• Released: Feb 3, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Incubus: A Crow Left Of The Murder

After hearing the "Megalomaniac" single, I thought I'd have to get my hands on a copy of this. I think the sound on this album is different from SCIENCE and not in a good way. Most of the songs (such as "Priceless," "Zee Deveel" and "Talk Show On Mute" were bland, boring and weird. But it wasn't all bad, "Megalomaniac" was an amazing track as were "Souther Girl" and the title track (some others were "OK" as well).

I found that Brandon Boyd's vocals were a lot weaker in this album than on previous ones. The lyrics were also strange and creepy. Sometimes it felt like the same song as the last, and they'd just get Brandon to hum or whisper (I didn't understand that). So this wasn't the best lyrically, thats for sure.

This album was nothing compared to SCIENCE but it did have its moments. I think that the most impressive thing about the album was actually the backing vocals, I know it sounds weird but its true. I hated the fact that sometimes Brandon would just stop singing and start making annoying sounds.