A Crow Left Of The Murder review by Incubus

• Released: Feb 3, 2004
Incubus: A Crow Left Of The Murder

After hearing some bad mouthing of this album going down, I thought I'd give you all my opinion on A Crow Left of the Murder. ACLOTM is the best album of 2004. Hands down. It's some of the only fresh music out there. I don't konw how to describe it besides, wow. It doesn't fit into any genre, but has relations to progressive (which is almost dead) and alternative. Every member of the band are great at what they do. Mike is just incredible. And despite what others may say, Ben Kenney does any excellent job. In fact I think he's the reason the album sounds as fresh as it does. They couldn't pull off the traditional Incubus sound without Dirk, so they invented a new one.

The lyrics are great. Very dark and mysterious. Brandon Boyd. The name speaks for itself. No complaints about his voice whatsoever.

This album is truly an original. Every song is great. I simply love everything about this record. It's packed full of catchy riffs and songs that you seem to always sing along too. If I lost this album I would defiantly buy another. If I lost that one, I'd buy two more. I guess this album isn't really for the diehard Incubus fan, but for the diehard music fan.