A Crow Left Of The Murder review by Incubus

• Released: Feb 3, 2004
Incubus: A Crow Left Of The Murder

This CD blew me away. It perfectly showcases why this band cannot be labeled into a specific genre. Mike is beyond amazing, with solos that are somtimes simple and oh so catchy. Brandons voice seeks new heights and shows us all you can have a nice sounding falsetto. I was weary of newcomer Ben Kenney, but his minimalist approach does this album justice. And without failure, Jose and Kilmore keep things intersting in the background.

Much like the other Incubus albums, Brandons lyrics are both enigmatic and insightful. With this blatent reference to Orson Wells' classic 1984 on the track "Talk Shows On Mute," to his take on the personalites of those around him in "Megalomaniac," he shows that he still knows how to write some intersting lyrics. And if you think they gave up on slower songs, check out "Southern Girl" and "Here In My Room," each of which are both captivating and beautiful.

Overall, this CD was probably the best offering from Incubus yet. The stand out tune for me was "Sick Sad Little World," because I can relate to it so much, and the solo performance by Mike Einzinger is tremendous. If there was one thing I didn't like about the album, it's that I didn't buy the DualDisc version. Bummer. But I recommend it to any fan or someone who wants something new. It is worth the money, hands down.