A Crow Left Of The Murder review by Incubus

• Released: Feb 3, 2004
Incubus: A Crow Left Of The Murder

Incubus never cease to amaze me with their unique sounds from album to album. Over the years, Incubus have been, in my own opinion, more of an easy listening band with good, catchy songs. Songs like "Burn" instantly come to mind. Listening to the album, a few songs still stay within that range of easy listening, yet catchy tunes. "Talk Shows on Mute" was a widely known song off this album, and still generates many fans from other music genres, such as the oldies and punk. "Megalomaniac" and "A Crow Left Of The Murder" bring out their heavier side, a side I would predict in a new album, after such a haitus.

Once again, Brandon Boyd comes through, with innovative and fantastic transitions between words and lyrics in this epic. "Still and transfixed, the electric sheep are dreaming up your face." This line is from the song "Talk Shows on Mute". Who knows what it means, but it flows, and it actually almost makes sense. "Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there, open arms and open eyes, yeah." This line is from an earlier album, the song "Burn". It shows confidence and superiority.

Overall, Incubus have done it again. "A Crow Left Of The Murder" is a must have for any music lover's collection. Should it go missing in my collection, I would look for it, or buy it again. It is worth it. Definetly worth your money.

SGdemon
    Fantastic review! You hit every point I was trying to make to a friend about the album just a few days ago. Nice job!
    skinnbones3440
    great cd. i fell in love with nearly every song on it. if i wasnt too lazy to make a full review i would give it a 10.
    Learn_to_fly
    good album. just heard the new one 'light grenades', and 'a crow...' PWNZ the new one! this is my fave... always will be...
    sambargun
    this is a really good album, nice to see that they have gone beyond the 'funk till you die' and 'dj only for some weird noises now and then' concepts. Whatever you think of it, this is a mature album
    bassboy 999
    People who say this album was a let down from Morning View are obviously not musicians. They are just interested in the commercial sounding songs. This album is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Better than Morning View even.
    DWAUME
    That's a poor generalization. I'm a musician, I enjoy non-commercial music, and I preferred Morning View. Don't be dismissive of people with differing opinions. Remember: We're all Incubus fans here. We're on the same side.
    DWAUME
    What the fvck, 3rd review? I don't care if you want to say that the lyrics make no sense, but don't bring up "the electric sheep are dreaming" as your example of nonsense. There is a science fiction story called "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?" by one of the biggest names in sci-fi, Philip K. Dick. It was turned into the movie Blade Runner, starring Harrison Fucking Ford. Look, I'm not saying every casual listener is going to know what everything means, and not everyone is a sci-fi nerd, but do your ****ing research. Remember: People might actually make decisions based off of your review. Put some effort into it.
    DWAUME
    I was angry when I wrote this comment. I tried to make a more civil-sounding edit, but UG isn't letting me. Basically, I wish reviewers would put more effort into their reviews. Oh, and the mention of "1984" is even more sci-fi reference in Talk Shows On Mute, Incubus rules in so many directions at once.