Alive At Red Rocks [DVD] review by Incubus

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 9
Incubus: Alive At Red Rocks [DVD]

Incubus is one of the few bands to have began its popularity in the '90s and to keep it through the new decade. Incubus is also one of the bands that deserves it: distinctive yet different, always growing yet always sounding like themselves. They're one of the bands that I think can just be explained as influenced by everything: their drummer has metal influences in him, but in one of the behind the scenes looks, their vocalsit Brandon Boyd is singing Usher (nicely, and in a what-may-not-have-intended-to-be-as-funny-as-it-was way). Overall, a great sound, a great band, and it's displayed very well throughout this DVD.

Content — 10
This has a great setlist. Best of the new and best of the old - only thing you could complain is the missing of Fungusamongus tracks, but even at that, they're not that missed. Features songs from SCIENCE to A Crow Left Of The Murder, and it's well varied and a long set. 01. Megalomaniac 02. Nice To Know You 03. Idiot Box 04. Just A Phase 05. Priceless 06. Beware Criminal 07. Wish You Were Here 08. Here In My Room 09. Drive 10. Vitamin 11. Pistola 12. Stellar (with interlude) 13. Made For TV Movie 14. Talk Shows On Mute 15. Sick, Sad Little World 16. A Certain Shade Of Green 17. Pantomime 18. The Warmth 19. Pardon Me Also they jam quite a bit in certain songs as you can read in other reviews. And the extras are nice except for one thing (interactive drawings mid song? Might be your thing, not mine). It has behind the stage stuff, and I'm including the CD that came with mine (I bought the Alive At Redrocks CD/DVD combo) as extras. Overall, amazingly packed DVD.

Production Quality — 9
The only 'trendy trick' would be the aforementioned interactive drawings mid-song, which I don't like. You can shut them off though, so no points lost: just not that much gained. Audio and video is always crystal clear. A well deserved 9/10.

Best Incubus DVD I know of (then again I only know of a few). This is one of the things that I'll put in to fall asleep to, and end up staying up till 3 AM cause I want to watch the whole thing. If it was lost, I would buy it again. I love everything about it; the character displayed behind the scenes, the improvisations they do can be quite amazing, and the setlist just it's varied and leaves you wanting more yet completly satisfies you. It's an amazing DVD from one of my favorite bands, and I wouldn't say its a complete necessity if you're an Incubus fan but I would say its my favorite display of Incubus, CD or DVD.