Fungus Amongus review by Incubus

• Released: Nov 1, 1995
Incubus: Fungus Amongus

You do not have to be a hardcore incubus fan to enjoy this cd! Not the greatest sound quality, but it's still more then ok to listen to. Whoever said bass isnt heard much on this CD is an idiot. This CD is a Funk metal cd, bass is the center instrument. Some great guitar work can be found on this album on top of the outstanding bass. Drums may not wow you but are still very solid. This CD is comparable to primus and early RHCP, but personally I'm not a fan of early RHCP or primus and I absolutley love this cd. In other words, it's a much easier listen, and is just as impressive. These guys recorded this at age 19, that is one helluva feat, the entire band is always in a tight groove on this album whether it's a slower song, faster song, or more of a jam, it's always very tight.

The lyrics fit the music, the rapping isn't always needed, but brandons singing is still top notch. Just don't take the lyrics seriously on every track, sometimes they are more joking around then being serious. When you're listening to this CD and say to yourself why did they yell that don't say I didn't warn you.

once again you do not have to be a hardcore incubus fan to enjoy this album... it's so much different then most of their more commercial stuff that it's entirely possible you'll like make yourself more then sliced bread, but this album is more of mehh. But that also means that you may not like incubus at all and listen to this and love it. Best songs: you will be a hot dancer, trouble in 421, psychopsilocybin, sink beneath the line. If someone stole this I would definately burn another copy haha, it's hard to find in stores.