If Not Now, When? review by Incubus

• Released: Jul 12, 2011
Incubus: If Not Now, When?

Simple... Relaxed (for a nice change of pace) Incubus fans for the most part are always expecting the same. Thrashing guitars and heavy beats. Incubus does this well "but" also demonstrates that they are true musicians who are not afraid to take a detour every so often. "If Not Now, When?" is a mellower version of Incubus that demonstrates the maturity and creativeness and abilities of the band.

In the "Company Of Wolves" lyrics are stunning. For the most part I have never been disappointed with lyrics in this band's music. Boyd's style in my opinion is one that is refined, intelligent and very creative. He's very articulate which add that certain sense of class and sophistication to his character. Then on the flip side, when he cuts loose he really knows how to appeal to the senses of the rougher side.

I can truly say that most bands are stuck on one style. Incubus is very interesting that they take a step outside the box every so often. When I read other reviews and comments that instantly discredits this band or speaks poorly of them such as "they suck because they changed their style"; it makes me angry. They will continue making good music to appeal to their loyal fan base, but also will try to expand their fan base. Why condemn them for trying to expand their horizons?

RaKooN13
    So back in July '11 i posted my own thoughts about this album on the day of its released. Well, it has been 7 months now and this album has actually managed to become my favorite album from them. I've listened to it fully through at least once a week every week, i cant get enough ;3 I also got the opportunity to see them live in Mountain View on October 9th, 2011. That boosted my love for this album even more, mostly due to their performance of "Tomorrow's Food". Before I dismissed it a little, but after the live experience, it now has a deeper impact. And if you get a chance to see them live, GO FOR IT! They are amazing live with excellent energy and talent, even with the softest of songs.