Light Grenades review by Incubus

• Released: Nov 28, 2006
Incubus: Light Grenades

The band's sound has definitely matured from their last release. In terms of tones, I think a mix of the past three albums, but Brandon's voice is not necessarily different, but he is softer for more of the album. He is still able to bust out rockin' when needed, such as on "Anna Molly". Mike Einzeiger is great on guitar as usual too. It feels familiar, but not overused. His tone is not vastly different, but the approach if not the feel, if that makes sense, is different.

The lyrics are pretty good, I haven't had a chance to really "dig" into them, but I think they are decent. Brandon Boyd does not dissappoint at all, he is just a really strong good singer. The lyrics also definitely fit in with the music, the vocals are not just a tool to get lyrics across, they are also there own instrument in the way they should fit, and I have yet to be disappointed by Incubus in this department.

It is definitely a great CD, you should definitely get it if your are an Incubus fan, and even if you're not, I think you will be after you hear this. It's definitely a great CD, one of their better works in my opinion. My personal favorite songs were "Dig" and "Diamonds And Coal". I just love incubus and the flavor overall of this album. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy another one. Maybe even two, so I'd have a backup.