Light Grenades review by Incubus

• Released: Nov 28, 2006
Incubus: Light Grenades

Many people thought Incubus was turning for the worst, with the new direction it headed with, A Crow Left of the Murder. While numerous amounts of people disputed their opinions, there is no question that Incubus has given us yet another great album with the follow up, seventh album titled, Light Grenades. Light Grenades, shows us that Incubus still has what they have had since day one: innovative, raw talent. Songs like, Dig, Anna Molly, Paper Shoes, Love Hurts, and Earth To Bella Part 1, showcase the bands ability to make creative, melodic, and powerful music.

Brandon always has meaningful lyrics, and when accompanied with the music, you get a sense of how he felt when he wrote them. They fit the music extremely well, and nothing feels out of place. As stated before, Brandon's voice is definitely at his finest in this album, and he is always a joy to listen to.

This is one of the better albums that Incubus has produced. But is it the best? No, I wouldn't go as far to say that (Make Yourself and Morning View are hard albums to top). "Light Grenades," shows us that Incubus still has the ability to create amazing music, and hopefully future albums will uphold that tradition.

Gibson0726
    I am a huge Incubus fan and I really didn't see anything wrong with ACLOTM...I actually loved the album myself. This one is another great CD to add to your collection.
    black_coffin
    ACLOTM is i think theyre best album and pricless have mikes best ever and i do mean best ever guitar solo its on of the best i have heard it is probably the best
    aprescott_27
    Sounds good. I'll hopefully be getting a copy soon. I want to hear this for myself. I can't wait!
    rockstarsean
    Light Grenades is #1 despite selling 1/2 the copies A Crow Left of the Murder did (which only made 2nd), Also, as good as i think this album is, i feel it is far more uneventful than previous Incubus Albums. Still, can't wait for the tour!
    jayck
    this album rocks! There's just one song that I don't like and it's light grenades...
    Xcrimson_ghostX
    light grenades wasnt as good as i hoped it would be. my favorite still is make yourself. however, anna molly is probably one of the best songs theyve put out yet. it was still good, just not their best. i miss dirk and battlestar scralatchtica.
    Floyd1122
    They've got such a huge variety in all their albums, it's impossible not to like em. Incubus were my favorite band back in '04 after ACLotM, but have been slipping. With the release of LG they're back up at number one.
    Alibi:Destroyed
    I like their new stuff but I'm still more fond of their more funk/metal related songs like Trouble in 421.
    Instrmntlst613
    i agree, with the departure of dirk lance incubus has lost nearly all unique characteristics i loved. i dont think this light grenades will live up to earlier recordings but its definatly woth listening to
    axiom
    Chris311 wrote: Sorry I just can't get rid of SCIENCE and Fungus Amongus. They've changed, but in a worse way in my opinion. I'm just a heavy music kind of guy I guess.
    I as well, but I think Morning View and ACLOTM were both far better than fungus amongus...
    AsianPirate
    i concur
    Chris311
    Kurdt2k
    incluv
    Well deserved congratulations to INCUBUS AND THEIR NEW #1 BILLBOARD POSITION FOR LIGHT GRENADES!!! THE BAND continues to soar in their genre with this new release, and for me, remain the best musicians/artists of their time. BRANDON BOYD and his harmonious bandmates offer much more than good sound, with their REAL LIVES OPENED to share with any who will listen.....where encourage-ment, and even own private struggles so many can relate to, thereby giving help to others who may be or have been in similiar situations. I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE THEM ON THEIR TOUR!!!!!
    TheJoeyH Show
    Yea the album is #1 .. and Incubus sold out the first leg of their North American tour the first day... Kinda impressive, I suppose. Incubus rocks. Period.
    Slut
    woodrya4 wrote: This album deserves to be #1, awesome album, awesome band... The album is number 1 currently...
    Yeah, he's saying it deserves to be where it is. Checked.
    woodrya4
    This album deserves to be #1, awesome album, awesome band...
    The album is number 1 currently...
    elcapitan1800
    Kurdt2k wrote: I agree with Gibson, I really dont understand why ACLOTM got such a hard time. To me it is absolutely outstanding. Light Grenades is fantastic too, and thank you Incubus for being such an innovative and intelligent band. Long live Incubus
    hexagram244 wrote: This album deserves to be #1, awesome album, awesome band...
    Seconded
    jammer-91
    the only incubus song ive ever heard is drive... no im goin to download this album from iTunes or limewire
    guitarfool1
    I haven't heard much off of this album, but what I have heard, I do like. It's like... they're still good, but they aren't Incubus anymore. Ever since Dirk left, they just haven't been the same. My favorite albums from them are SCIENCE and Make Yourself.