Light Grenades review by Incubus

• Released: Nov 28, 2006
Incubus: Light Grenades

This is my favorite Incubus album by a long shot. When you hear it, you know it's the same old Incubus, but with a newer, cooler sound. The overall sound of all the instruments is great, the sound is great, on none of the song do the guitars outpower the vocals (or vice-versa), which you don't see much now-a-days. When I first saw the album cover, I just looked at it for 15 minutes, because it at first appears to be a grenade, but at further inspection, you notice it is many things symbolizing peace coming together to form something symbolizing war.

The Lyrics are much more imaginative and deeper than previous albums (for proof, listen to Dig). I find myself actually trying to find a hidden meaning in the tracks, which I couldn't do for the other albums.The lyrics match perfectly with their songs. For instance, if you put Anna Molly's lyrics to Dig's sound, it most likely wouldn't be as good (it might, I don't know). Brandon (the singer) sounds great, as usual. Of all of the covers I've seen on youtube, noone can sing like him.

This is Incubus' best album in my opinion.For a few reasons: first, the lyrics are much better than the other albums. Secondly, the guitar riffs are better( except for Drive, which is my favorite Incubus song)overall. Third, I believe that this album is consistently better, most other albums just have one or two good songs, but Light Grenades has so many great songs. The most impressive songs are Anna Molly and Dig. I love the new sound of the band mixed with the good ol' Icubus we all enjoy. I hate absolutely nothing about this album. I don't have the CDI bought it on iTunes, so I don't have to worry about losing it!

tomwm1
    a boring album, if they dirk lance was still here incubus would be a far better band
    INCUJET
    Incubus rocks!!! And Brandon Boyd, the best front man of all my favorite band!!!
    Fried Cheese
    This album is one of my favorites so far. There are a whole bunch of things going on in each song like sounds that are very weird and different and intriguing. If each song was heard closely in Light Grenades by those who believe it "sucks" I am sure it won't anymore. That's probably why the band thinks this is their best album. It's also very well put together.
    bassboy 999
    This album is more diverse than alot of people realise. There are songs that remind you of S.C.I.E.N.C.E, Morning View, Make Yourself and Crow Left of the Murder. It's got it all.
    unlearn27
    The funny thing is that Mike claims to have written the basslines from songs like New Skin and Speak Free, and that Dirk had little to do with the writing process. His exact words were: "He didn't contribute". I don't know how much I believe it, especially when you take into consideration that LG is easily their worst album. Although it has some great songs on it (Anna Molly, Dig, Rogues, Pendulous Threads), I have no idea what they were thinking including Diamonds and Coal and splitting the Earth to Bella's was an awful idea (Thanks O'Brien!)
    unlearn27
    For the record, I still enjoyed the album, I just felt quite empty after hearing the entire album.