Make Yourself review by Incubus

• Released: Oct 26, 1999
Incubus: Make Yourself

Incubus has evolved into a more mature band with every album, but this is where they turn toward the more melodic songs. This album is so diverse. Make Yourself cannot be put into any category. It was the perfect example of a great rock album. It contains a DJ battle (Battlestar Scralatchitica), an acoustic radio hit (Drive), a TurnTabled Hard Rock hit (Pardon Me) along with some great love songs scattered about. This music isn't dependent on one person, that is what makes it great. Everyone worked together to make the album awesome, so if you take out on factor of it, the music would not be as great. It proves that one person cannot carry a great band.

Brandon Boyd is one of the best male songwriters and vocalists of modern music. He has wonderful range, so he can bust out with some screaming, and make you forget all your problems with his softness. Unlike most rock vocalists, Brandon is a genius with intelligent things to say. He writes poems, and then turns it into a song. His lyrics make the music a wonderful experience to listen to.

This album is my favorite album of all time. It has something for everyone. The music and the songs can match any mood you are in, and the best part of it is that it is really catchy! This album is a mix between "S.C.I.E.N.C.E." and "Morning View". Everything about it is great. This album is what brought me into the music world, so I bought 5 copies of the CD. The lyrics are wonderful, and the accompanying music makes Make Yourself the best CD by them today. Don't download this CD, buy it. If you are stuck listening to the sameness of modern rock, pick up this CD and you will be an Incubus-Fan forever.