Make Yourself review by Incubus

• Released: Oct 26, 1999
Incubus: Make Yourself

Guitar riffs laced with effects like hell. But it sounds so well. DJ Kilmore is great with the scratches he makes in my opinion. The guitar kicks ass. Mike is such a beast when it comes to that guitar. He knows how to make a great melody and how to write a great song. He writes acoustic hits (drive) and great electric songs. He just is so talented. If you ever get into Incubus, and you like their electric songs, be sure you check out their acoustic ones, for every song they have they almost have an acoustic track for them. Those kick ass too. Man there is just too much I can say about this band. I'm going to stop though. Stop now with anything you are doing and buy this album.

Bradon Boyd. Two words that make up a name that make up one of the best male songwriters/vocalist of this time. He makes you feel what he's saying, and he uses imagery, and metaphors, and all that stuff that you should've learned in English in about 10th grade. His voice? Fits into every song. He can be soft and melodic in tracks like "Stellar," "I Miss You." But then for his other songs, you wouldn't believe it's the same guy sometimes. Most times, his lyrics have a deeper meaning then to what he exposes, and other times there are more then one meaning. I love to listen what this guy has to say. Lets boil it down to that simple statement and be done with it. Have you not stopped to go and buy this album?

This album. Can you say, "wow?" Incubus deserves so much credit for this album. It really is a good album. I should smack you if you do not yet own this album. I was orignially pulled into Incubus with their track "New Skin" off of S.C.I.E.N.C.E, but this was the first CD I bought of theirs when I started getting into music. And this was by far the best purchase I've made, and it's 2003. I most definately bought this CD right after it came out when I heard the first single Pardon Me. This lead to me tracking down and buying ALL of their other albums. From Fungus Amongus to Live at Lollapalooza 2003 I'm quite sure I have them all. If I lost this CD, I'd buy 100 more to ensure that I'll never be taken away from this CD. If you've read this far, you need to stop everything and go and buy this album. GO. NOW! seriously though, you HAVE to get this album if you like this type of music.