Make Yourself review by Incubus

• Released: Oct 26, 1999
Incubus: Make Yourself

Incubus always bring something new to the table for each albulm and Make Yourself is an example of that. Mike Einzinger has some great riffs that got me hooked on every song. Dj Lyfe is the backbone of the sound. His samples bring an eclectic and peaceful state of mind. The mix of the samples and guitar is a match made in heaven.

The lyrics are always amazing on any Incubus cd. Make Yourself has some of the best lyrics I've ever heard. Brandon Boyd writes some great lyrics. He not only talks about love but about how messed up our society is and how its full of BS. The songs all have great lyrics but the songs that stand out are The Warmth, Stellar, and Make Yourself. Brandon Boyd has an amazing voice. He can sing low or high. He even screams in one song. No body says f--k like Brandon. "F--k me in my own way" sounds so frickin awesome when he says it.

Make Yourself is one of the best cds I've ever bought. I haven't heard A Crow Left of the Murder yet, but I think Make Yourself is their best cd. Filled with an eclectic sound for being in a state of mind. Brandon Boyd's voice and his lyrics are also a major factor on this cd. A lot of the songs Brandon wrote I can personally relate to. All the songs on this cd are great but my top five would be: Privilege, The Warmth, Stellar, Make Yourself, and Pardon Me. It's a great cd to listen to when you're down and out. Make Yourself is a definite must buy.