Make Yourself review by Incubus

• Released: Oct 26, 1999
Incubus: Make Yourself

The sound on this album is incredible mainly because of Mike's guitar. The effects are amazing as well particularly in The Warmth which is the highlight of the album effect-wise. This is a very varied album like you will have very hard songs like When It Comes, then there are pure excellent rock songs like Pardon Me, then there are heart felt slow songs like I Miss You (that is one of my favourite songs of all time). Also there is some quite soft stuff like Drive and then there is an amazing song called Battlestar Scratchlactica where Chris the DJ really shows off his skills. My favourite songs are Pardon Me, The Warmth, Clean, Drive and I Miss You.

Like everyone else who has written a review I think Brandon Boyd is one of the best aingers and lyricists of our time. These are some of my favourite lyrics from the album: Pardon Me - "I've had enough of the world and its people's mindless games." I Miss You - "To know that you feel the same as I do is a three-fold utopian dream." Make Yourself - "And if I f--k me, I'll f--k me in my own way." The Warmth - "It's not a breeze because it blows hard and it wants me to discard the humanity I know." Basically this is one of my favourite albums lyrically and Brandon Boyd and Mike Einziger work extremely well together.

What is amazing about Incubus is that they have never really matured because they were so mature to start off with, they have reinvented themselves slowly but noticeably after every album. This is my favourite Incubus album and that's saying a lot seeing as they are all so incredible especially Morning View. The only bad thing about this album is that some of the songs are a bit too hard for my taste even though you may call me a wimp or something along those lines. My favourite two songs are Pardon Me and I Miss You. If someone stole this I would chop hunt them down with a knife and force them to give it back. I left this album in my cd player for two weeks and I never got sick of listening to it on the way to school. Basically this album is fantastic and I would reccomend it to anyone, even if all they like is Mozart.