Make Yourself review by Incubus

• Released: Oct 26, 1999
Incubus: Make Yourself

Solid. Mike is the master of guitar distortions and fully displays his abilities in Make Yourself. Dirk Lance is the second best bassist of all time (second only to Flea) and is at his best, though with no standout slap bass. DJ Kilmor's scratches sound amazing and really flow with the music. As always Jose's drumming is intricately intense and Brandon is at his best vocally.

This may be getting a little repetitive after looking at the other reviews but Brandon Boyd really is one of the best rock vocalists and song writers of all time. The lyrics in this album are very thought provoking. They are very original and just well thought out. They go very well with the music and Brandon's voice is dead on. His style of singing changes throughout the CD showing his range and he always sounds amazing.

This is easily Incubus's best album and my favorite album of all time. I love every single track on the album and how no two tracks sound completely alike. This is truly a masterpiece of modern rock. If someone stole this album from me, it would be on. I don't know what I'd do if I found the person who did it but it would probably include something painful like repeated crotch kickings. Don't get me wrong, everyone should have Make Yourself but you should support the band and go out and buy it.

Build An Army
    I agree, never seem to fail, although im not to keen on their new album from their others
    Fried Cheese
    I'm probably the only person in the world that believes this album is just wack. Is there something wrong with me?...I don't think so.
    bassboy 999
    This is classic Incubus. Their most recognised album, for hosting the fully realised Incubus.
    Necropolis
    the album is awesome!!! the band is just as awesome!!!! Mike and Brandon kicks ass!!!
    crazy8rgood
    The Warmth and Pardon Me are definatly the best songs on the album, but Battlestar Scralachtica is really fun to listen to, in fact, I'm gonna see if theres any tabs for it!!