S.C.I.E.N.C.E. review by Incubus

• Released: Sep 9, 1997
Incubus: S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

This album has a great mix of sounds, from the rap metal feel of 'redefine' to the the more drum and bass feel of the quite bizzare 'magic medicine'. There are a varied amount of music styles used in this album although most of these styles are shown in the hidden tracks at the end of 'calgone'. These sounds vary between drum and bass, rap metal, laid back saxaphone sounds in 'summer romance' and lots more.

The lyrics are brilliant, they are so original and fit oerfectly with the music. Brandon is a great singer, with the ability to reach quite high notes and rap. The best lyrics on the album have to come from either 'redefine' - "Imagine your brain as a canister filled with ink, now think of your body as the pen where the ink resides. Fuse the two; Kapow! What are you now? You're the human magic marker, won't you please surprise my eyes?" and 'glass' - "If I had a dime for every time you walked away, I could afford to not give a sh*t and buy a drink and drown the day"

This is a much heavier album than their latest release and in my opinion is much better. There isn't really a bad song on the album but the best songs have to be 'redefine', 'magic medicine' and 'idiot box'. This album is definately worth buying.