S.C.I.E.N.C.E. review by Incubus

• Released: Sep 9, 1997
Incubus: S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

If there was a way to give higher than a 5 I would. This is it. No need to buy any other rock album. I became a fan in the "Morningview" days, and a friend of mine recommended this album to me. My first response was "this is Incubus???" I was floored. The sound is so much fun with cool little zonks and zoinks all over it, this weird little rap/rock mix tat doesn't sound all "Limp Bizkit". And then they decide "Hey let's make a jazz song!" Why the hell not. I love this album. Definitely my favorite.

Brandon's got the lyric thing down. Although I do think he was a bit F'd up for a few of the songs (Deep Inside). But, they are incredibly strong. Some of the best lyrics I've personally ever heard. The highlight songs as far as lyrics go are Redefine, Glass, Summer Romance, Calgone, Idiot Box, and Certain Shade of Green.

Overall, one of the most musically arresting albums ever made. These songs still sound fresh six years later. This album introduced me to a song that I personally regard as my favorite song of all time (Vitamin). And, this album sold me as a real fan of Incubus. I now own everything they've recorded thanks to this album. Great Job.