Index Case review by Index Case

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Index Case: Index Case

Index Case is a not very well-known but popular band out of Slipknot's state and they are quite talented musicians. The amps they use have the best sounding distortion I have ever heard and their riffs are simple yet un-pioneered. I want to get a hold of one of their amps because the sound on the record is quite aggressive and clear. The guitar also goes quiet in parts when there are vocals like in "When Dreams Bleed" where the sound goes low to high. The sound of the band intertwines quite nicely to the other parts. I think the drummer is absolutely phenominal but he was kicked out of the band for some odd reason.

The singer has a variety of different styles that he works with. When he sings softly, the sound of his voice is eerie and malifluous which gives the record a darker tone. He sings normally with a very piercing voice that is an utterly astounding sound unlike any other singer I have ever heard. When he screams, it is a quite fantastic ululation and he is quite a good vociferator. Despite the swearing, Index Case does not get a PA sticker.

I don't think one way or another Index Case sounds like any other band except maybe, Linkin Park and Slipknot put together evn though their songs are generally slower than Slipknot's. Index Case's most impressive songs would definately have to be the explicit single with video Deserver, The Wounded is a good song, and I really like Silent Side of You which I think should be the last song on the record. The L is a good early song that gives the album an early dark feel.

dertjoe
    hey josh from index case uses a dual recto, he used a mesa pre-amp power amp combo before when this was made, but he uses an effects proccessor to get alot of his weird sounds