I Swear... review by Inhale Exhale

• Released: Jun 10, 2008
Inhale Exhale: I Swear...

I've been a fan of Inhale Exhale since I bought their first CD. This new album brings a lot more to the table than the old CD did. They experimented with different sounds, which they didn't do on their first album. Ryland worked with many more vocals ranges; on the first CD, he screamed in every track except for "The Lost. The Sick. The Sacred." On this album he shouts, screams, and sings. In the track "It's Myself Vs. Being A Man" he incorporates all three elements and it just sounds great. Their style has changed, a lot. If you were a fan of their heavier songs like "Redemption," "A Call To The Faithful," and "Dance All Night" this may not be for you.

As with the first album, they lyrics are very religious. In "I Needed A Spaceship (Instead I Got Problems)" towards the end Ryland starts saying "love me and fear me, do as I say and I will be your slave" in a very catchy manner. I liked how not everything is "I love you God, you're my savior," the lyrics are more complex. In "It's Myself Vs. Being A Man" the religious aspect of the band is more apparent; "You said this won't be perfect, after all we know it's right, and the sounds of God is crashing." I find the lyrics to be extremely appealing.

This album is a very large step forward for this band. It shows that they can experiment and not sound like complete fools. I found myself listening to "It's Myself Vs. Being A Man," "I Live The Bad Life," and "Knowledge=Priceless" nonstop. I loved that Ryland has improved his vocal range and that the whole band has matured themselves. I really dislike that this album only has 11 songs on it and only being around 4-5 minutes long, it's a short CD. If I lost this CD, I would buy it again simply because I find it to be better than their first album. I would recommend this CD to anyone who enjoyed some of the softer tracks on "The Lost, The Sick, The Sacred" and fans of Norma Jean, Haste The Day, As I Lay Dying, etc.

TheDisturbed78
    it was pretty good, ive never herd of the band until today, but i like a few of the songs i herd from this album
    a7xgraduate
    I saw these guys when they came to South Carolina to The New Brooklyn tavern, and if you think the cd sounds amazing, the live sound is unbelievable. I urge everyone to check them out atleast once
    snoman52
    this band is good recorded, but they are amazing live saw them at sonshine fest in MN. great energy
    iH8CarAccidents
    I saw these guys live in Grand Rapids Michigan with Showbread and Project 86. PHENOMENAL show. As I was listening to this album though, I couldn't help but notice that their lead singer reminded me a lot of Sonny of From First To Last. Or I should say FORMERLY of From First to Last. And they're style is kinda similar on some songs too. The real irony is that before I even listened to either of them, I got their names mixed up once. I mean Inhale Exhale. First to Last. Like a beginning and an end type thing... weird huh?