The Lost. The Sick. The Sacred. review by Inhale Exhale

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
Inhale Exhale: The Lost. The Sick. The Sacred.

This album is metal. The guitar lines are not over comlicated, by no means are they a walk in the park but they don't thrash at 100 mph all the time. The drums don't over-power like with some bands I've heard. The great thing is that it doesn't just thrash the whole way through, it also comes down and shows off their ability to fidle with clean sounds. I think overall, the sound is of a high quality. The album bridges the gap between heavy metal and metal.

The lyrics are very well written. They put across possitive, Christian messages in a cool metaly way. They work very well with the metal music. Most of them are screamed, but some are sung. It is a nice contrast. The contrast works well with the not quite Heavy Metal, but not Metal style. The Singer is strong with his vocals. Every word he sings, he sings with passion. It sounds very good. One of the other musicians sing the lighter aspects, supported by the lead vocalist, and then it swaps for the harder verse lines. Nothing innovative lyrically or vocally, but done without fault.

It doesn't really compare with any bands I have heard/can think of. It's different because of the way the drums are played. They don't thrash or bash the song through, but the guitar lines are a lot heavier. I works really well. The overall sound, makes it sound like at least, is passion. Everyone sonds passionate about the music they are playing. The most impressive songs are probably. Redemption, By Grace, Frail Dreams and Rude Awakenings, The Lost. The Sick. The Sacred, and Your Walls... My Words. They are probably my favourite. If it were stolen, I would certainly replace it, it would be a big loss. I love this album and would strongly recommend it.

ninjuice
    anyone comparing this underoath is wrong. UO's guitar's are somewhat random, unstructured and not "metal sounding". The choruses on this album are much more catchy as well. Definitely not innovative, but at the same time not generic at all and definitely worth getting.
    I am punk "BF"
    These guys are better than underoath anyway. Brian Pittman was SO smart to leave relient k for this band
    MordancyRhythm
    I'd have to say these guys are a very good band for the genre they play. Catchy Drop C guitar riffs, nice clean vocal breaks, consistent screams. Definitely not as hard as metal, but not as soft as something like screamo or emo music. Also Christian, not that it matters to many people, but it's a break from all the same Christian acoustic music you get on your local Christian station. I swear I'll hear the same "Lord I Lift Your Name On High" song over again, done by 4 different artists. By Grace is definitely the most religious track on this album, while I have to say Redemption is the catchiest. But A Call To The Faithful is my favorite.
    Triple_Threat
    the most correct part of this review was "nothing innovative" the riffs, rhythm, and melodies are nothing new. "A call to the faithful" is my favorite track, not because it's groundbreaking, but because it's catchy. For the most part that's what you're getting with this album. But if you are buying this, you should pretty much already know what direction american metalcore has been heading, so don't be surprised.
    Learn_to_fly
    its not really innovative, but still good. the bassist should have stayed in relient k though
    stuart18
    this album is dope...the title track is awesome but i think they should of given the bass player a little moer credit..hes does a good job to
    rockstarbowker
    Dude Brian is sooo good I never would expected him to start a band like this it's really cool. I love this band
    davids2010
    These are so amazing. I've seen them 3 times and each time they were better than the first. The guitarist might not be the best in the world, but he is a hell of a song writer.
    wideisthepath
    Jon777
    wideisthepath : Dude there is no difference between heavy metal and metal. Metal is a shotening of heavy metal, which is like the old stuff like Iron Maiden. It's name was derived from the fact that they heavily banged on metal (cymbals). I would say this album is more of a metalcore/post-hardcore cd.
    agreed, except I'd specifically say melodic metalcore