The Lost. The Sick. The Sacred. Review

artist: Inhale Exhale date: 02/20/2007 category: compact discs
Inhale Exhale: The Lost. The Sick. The Sacred.
Release Date: Nov 21, 2006
Label: Solid State
Genres: Alternative CCM, Alternative Metal, Post-Hardcore
 9.6
 9.3
 9.9
review (1) 11 comments vote for this album:
The Lost. The Sick. The Sacred. Reviewed by: HubbaFlubba, on february 20, 2007

Sound: This album is metal. The guitar lines are not over comlicated, by no means are they a walk in the park but they don't thrash at 100 mph all the time. The drums don't over-power like with some bands I've heard. The great thing is that it doesn't just thrash the whole way through, it also comes down and shows off their ability to fidle with clean sounds. I think overall, the sound is of a high quality. The album bridges the gap between heavy metal and metal. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are very well written. They put across possitive, Christian messages in a cool metaly way. They work very well with the metal music. Most of them are screamed, but some are sung. It is a nice contrast. The contrast works well with the not quite Heavy Metal, but not Metal style. The Singer is strong with his vocals. Every word he sings, he sings with passion. It sounds very good. One of the other musicians sing the lighter aspects, supported by the lead vocalist, and then it swaps for the harder verse lines. Nothing innovative lyrically or vocally, but done without fault. // 9

Overall Impression: It doesn't really compare with any bands I have heard/can think of. It's different because of the way the drums are played. They don't thrash or bash the song through, but the guitar lines are a lot heavier. I works really well. The overall sound, makes it sound like at least, is passion. Everyone sonds passionate about the music they are playing. The most impressive songs are probably. Redemption, By Grace, Frail Dreams and Rude Awakenings, The Lost. The Sick. The Sacred, and Your Walls... My Words. They are probably my favourite. If it were stolen, I would certainly replace it, it would be a big loss. I love this album and would strongly recommend it. // 10

Comments