Overgrown Eden review by InMe

• Released: Apr 22, 2003
InMe: Overgrown Eden

Inme use minimal effects and maximum skill for this whole album. Nothing synthesised, just crazy effects pedal settings. Lots off skillful bass playing which appeals to me (being a bassist), and some fairly amazing guitar riffs. Wierd creepy sounds in many songs, like 'Wonuds' and 'Neptune' and some heavier songs too like 'Mosaic' and 'Crushed Like Fruit'.

Vocals are amazing, Dave has a great vocal range from high pitched singing in 'Ice Warm' to raw screaming at the end of 'Mosaic'. Lyrics are ace too, about pretty much everything in life, and somehow Dave gets it all to sound like it rhymes (even when it doesn't). Sometimes british bands fall into the trap of singing in an american accent, but with inme you can clearly tell theyre english. Good layered sounds too as Joe Morgan (bass) provides steady backing vocals throughout the album.

Possibly the best album I ever got, every song is amazing. Best tracks are 'Neptune' with its crazy bass riffs, 'Mosaic' with its heavy chorus and 5 second long scream, and 'Crushed Like Fruit' with an intro guaranteed to get you in the mood to rock. If I lost this album I'd go straigh into town and buy it again, worth every penny I spent.