Innerpartysystem review by InnerPartySystem

• Released: Sep 30, 2008
InnerPartySystem: Innerpartysystem

Innerpartysystem's self titled first full length release became availbale September 30, 2008. The sound of this album is full electonica from start to finish. In a genre that really has not seen much mainstream success since the hey-days of Prodigy, Nine Inch Nails, Chemical Brothers, and The Crystal Method, InnerPartySystem has a sound that could lead to more than just an underground following. While no one will confuse InnerPartySystem's debut CD with the trend setting innovative sounds of Trent Reznor, this is a very strong offerings that fans of any genre will be able to get into. If I could create a new genre, I would call InnerPartySystem, Techo-Pop, and that is far from an insult.

Innerpartysystem's lyrics are, for the most part, radio friendly. This is why I feel they could be on the verge of more mainstream success. The lyrics are not soft by any means, their is a slight morbid imagery to some of their songs. "Die Tonight, Lie Forever," and "This Town Your Grave," are two examples of that. However, this is masked by the techno dance vibe and catchy rhymes on most of the tracks. Overall the lyrics are deeper than most people will stop to realize, but either way you listen to it, Innerpartysystem's debut album is a fun and enjoyable experience throughout.

In the current music climate the 2000's have brought, where many bands sound the same, Innerpartysystem is a break from the norm. "don't Stop," which turns the mirror on the celebrity crazed society with lines such as, "I am the closest thing to god, so worship me and never stop. The wretched blood runs through my veins, I give up everything for fame. I am the lie that you adore, Now feed the rich and (edit) the poor," gives a clear indication of what this band is about. When asked about the significance of their name, the band's drummer Jarod Piccone says it is in reference to the different classes from the book, '1984.' He goes on to say, "we like the idea of creating this full multimedia, over stimulating elitist environment that we are trying to invite everyone into. It's the ironic elitist class." Innerpartysystem is a sound for the counter culture that caters to everyone.