Innerpartysystem review by InnerPartySystem

• Released: Sep 30, 2008
InnerPartySystem: Innerpartysystem

Desiring to purchase this album a few weeks ago, I did today, and what I got was in no way disappointing. A great thing about this album compared to some many electronic artists out there is that the music does sound genuinely fresh, there is very little on the music market that I can genuinely compare them too.

The lyrics are nothing greatly special, but they are greatly catchy. The leading single from the album "Don't Stop" has one of the most strangely catchy choruses in modern electronic/Industrial rock. Though the lyrics are nothing special the voice and vocals of lead singer Patrick Nissley are very charming and relaxing in most cases on the record with an exception of a few songs ("Don't Stop", "Die Tonight"), the vocals are incredibly relaxing, especially in songs such as "Structure" and "New Poetry".

Overall an excellent album, worth downloading. I really can't think of anything to compare this to, it is an incredibly stand alone record. Worth getting just for the lead song "Don't Stop", other brilliant songs such as "Structure" or "The Last Night In Brooklyn" are a bonus.