Innerpartysystem Review

Released: Sep 30, 2008
Genre: Alternative Rock/Metal, Industrial, Electronica
Label: Island Records
Number Of Tracks:
The album features two tracks from Innerpartysystem's self-recorded The Download EP, "Don't Stop" and "Heart of Fire" which have been re-recorded and mastered.
 8.8
 9.6
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
Innerpartysystem Reviewed by: ak10, on january 23, 2009

Sound: Innerpartysystem's self titled first full length release became availbale September 30, 2008. The sound of this album is full electonica from start to finish. In a genre that really has not seen much mainstream success since the hey-days of Prodigy, Nine Inch Nails, Chemical Brothers, and The Crystal Method, InnerPartySystem has a sound that could lead to more than just an underground following. While no one will confuse InnerPartySystem's debut CD with the trend setting innovative sounds of Trent Reznor, this is a very strong offerings that fans of any genre will be able to get into. If I could create a new genre, I would call InnerPartySystem, Techo-Pop, and that is far from an insult. // 8

Lyrics: Innerpartysystem's lyrics are, for the most part, radio friendly. This is why I feel they could be on the verge of more mainstream success. The lyrics are not soft by any means, their is a slight morbid imagery to some of their songs. "Die Tonight, Lie Forever," and "This Town Your Grave," are two examples of that. However, this is masked by the techno dance vibe and catchy rhymes on most of the tracks. Overall the lyrics are deeper than most people will stop to realize, but either way you listen to it, Innerpartysystem's debut album is a fun and enjoyable experience throughout. // 7

Overall Impression: In the current music climate the 2000's have brought, where many bands sound the same, Innerpartysystem is a break from the norm. "don't Stop," which turns the mirror on the celebrity crazed society with lines such as, "I am the closest thing to god, so worship me and never stop. The wretched blood runs through my veins, I give up everything for fame. I am the lie that you adore, Now feed the rich and (edit) the poor," gives a clear indication of what this band is about. When asked about the significance of their name, the band's drummer Jarod Piccone says it is in reference to the different classes from the book, '1984.' He goes on to say, "we like the idea of creating this full multimedia, over stimulating elitist environment that we are trying to invite everyone into. It's the ironic elitist class." Innerpartysystem is a sound for the counter culture that caters to everyone. // 8

Innerpartysystem Reviewed by: rob_shadow, on july 11, 2011

Sound: Desiring to purchase this album a few weeks ago, I did today, and what I got was in no way disappointing. A great thing about this album compared to some many electronic artists out there is that the music does sound genuinely fresh, there is very little on the music market that I can genuinely compare them too. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are nothing greatly special, but they are greatly catchy. The leading single from the album "Don't Stop" has one of the most strangely catchy choruses in modern electronic/Industrial rock. Though the lyrics are nothing special the voice and vocals of lead singer Patrick Nissley are very charming and relaxing in most cases on the record with an exception of a few songs ("Don't Stop", "Die Tonight"), the vocals are incredibly relaxing, especially in songs such as "Structure" and "New Poetry". // 7

Overall Impression: Overall an excellent album, worth downloading. I really can't think of anything to compare this to, it is an incredibly stand alone record. Worth getting just for the lead song "Don't Stop", other brilliant songs such as "Structure" or "The Last Night In Brooklyn" are a bonus. // 8

Comments