Bang! Pow! Boom! review by Insane Clown Posse

• Released: Sep 1, 2009
Insane Clown Posse: Bang! Pow! Boom!

Bang! Pow! Boom! Defiantly doesn't compare to some of their earlier work but it does have its own special sound. I would define the sound closer to techno rap then I would horror rap. It was obvious from their last album (The Tempest) that they were starting to go with more techno beats in their songs then they were with more a horror sound. The album did prove that they could have a different sound a still have a successful album.

Unlike the sound, Insane Clown Posse stuck with their usual creepy outlook on life. The lyrics are a mixture of both sick, scary, and funny. They took a smart turn in making three different versions of the album, each with a different second track. Each track flows into the next without screwing up the natural order of the album.

Bang! Pow! Boom! Is worth buying and any fan of Insane Clown Posse will love it. With three different versions of the album it makes the buyer feel like they have a unique item. If you like their horror stuff more I would recommend buying the Blue version of Bang! Pow! Boom!, which includes the song Beautiful Doom as the second track. However if you like if you like more of their newer stuff then pick up the Green version which has The Clowns Are Back as the second track. The Red version though has Freaky Creep Show as the second track which is a mix of the old and the new of Insane Clown Posse material.

liquidsilver
    I never understood why this band was ever popular! Everything i was ever forced to listen to by them sounded like some 17 yr old punks made it in their basement!
    fenderarmy
    There are no Lady Gaga reviews on UG, so why is there an ICP one? Seriously, no one loves juggalettes.
    Pencil-Clock
    AdenZerda
    xDeathxMetalx wrote: You can run your mouth through the internet all you want, but do it to a Juggalo's face. I dare you. And to Synyster, Im 17 faggot, run your mouth to someone else. and you look at my username and make assumptions? yeah, your cool. i'm pretty sure i can like whatever music i want to.
    Hahahaha You have the right to like whatever music you want to, and we have the right to make fun of you for it
    ExurKun
    i like everything about ICP except their songs lol like i dig homies and hokus pocus, and their whole personality, but a lot of their songs are just too over the top imo
    somedude789
    Would your last name happen to be Manson?
    Sandor138
    I hope you are trolling
    Bad Technique
    Sandor138 wrote: xDeathxMetalx wrote: your all hater's dude. They have worked harder than any musician out there, and they deserve respect. I'm a Juggalo and i dont smell weird *****. and to r0ckth3d34n you cant just decide to not be a Juggalo there is no "Oh, i used to be a Juggalo", We are a family, and Family remains eternal. So stop hating because you cant handle something so real. I hope you are trolling
    Nope, juggalos typically are this dumb.
    geofilthxbass
    its so ****ing stupid how their fans take the music all serious and call themselves a "family" and just end up being another gang society has to worry about. I liked ICP in fifth grade now that I'm past middle school and onto high school and seeing all these juggalos being all serious about their shit is so dumb. its music. get over yourselves. Violent Jay and Shaggy 2 Dope only want your money and nothing else. Although they'll probably do your mom and girlfriend. I'm sure those half shit juggalos would be so loyal to offer both to these two clowns lol. =D
    dude628
    hahaha i laughed so ****ing hard at this but seriously, i had a friends who used to like this shit. then he grewout of it and got laid
    rickyj
    Terror Panda wrote: Worst band ever
    band? no a bunch of fags dressing up as clowns and talking about killing people quickly over artificial beats? yes
    Pencil-Clock
    Whats your favourite "death metal" band? Trivium?
    ajr73333
    why doesn't everyone who posted about this album go f*** themselves. That doesn't include xDeathxMetalx (whoop whoop). your all pieces of sh** who are complaining over the internet because no one else will listen to you bitch so you f***in complain on UG because maybe there's some other losers on here that will agree, and not only that but your parents probable don't even listen to you. none of you probably have any friends there fore your the ones not excepted by society. if you took a f***in minute to listen to some of there music instead of being thick headed you'd realize that a lot of there songs do have guitar in them. (btw f***heads, in case you didn't know, Slash, you know G&R, plays at least 4 or 5 of there songs as the guitar in the back). So shut your mouths and if you really want to f*** with me, let me know and than you can talk to real juggalo and realize that we're not outcasts, we're another family. oh and "Vhmetalx" come f***in find me and i'll f*** you up so bad your piece of s*** parents and your slut of a girl friend won't even recognize you.
    Crazyxadamx
    What's with all the Clown hate? You don't have to like them, but you shouldn't hate on any band that's successful, because there's always a reason. Good to know that UG's community is a bunch of stereotypical and conformist groups.
    Gage_and_megan
    if you don't like icp why comment about this... art.... i think they are not the dumb once... u people are... i think that yall need to probly think that other people want to see the art... d*** grow up.
    livorna
    it's music it's goddamned music it does not define who you are it does not define who you can be friends with and it doesn't define your personal or political beliefs regardless of how strong you feel about it, threats of physical violence don't need to enter into a musical discussion...ICP is like any other band, really, with positive and negative things about them and people who like them and people who don't...are we really going to get this worked up over clowns ? clowns perhaps the least serious thing ever? can't we all just shut the f*ck up and get a life ?
    Mainer
    I'm no Juggalo, but I don't mind some ICP every once in a while. *shrugs* And as wrestlers, they made a decent tag team. And As KingDong-333 said, releasing albums since the 90's, producing movies, and owning a wrestling promotion (I mean, you won't see the team of Weedman and Billy Bong in WWE any time soon xD). You gotta respect the determination and hard work they've put into their careers. Don't like their music? Okay, so they automatically suck because someone in the comment section of a website says so? No. Don't get all douchey because you dislike something that someone else enjoys.
    KingDong-333
    Dear oh dear. Look at all these people who despise this band so much, yet can't help but leave comments. Fact of the matter is they've been churning out albums since the early 90's. They've made films, wrestling organizations host gatherings etc etc. Clearly there bigger than most people give them credit for, and all you sad people feel the need to slate them. Hows your rappin/ rock careers going? Dont be bitter, if its not your thing, they why even bother getting upset about it?
    EpiExplorer
    WHY, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Thats all anyone needs to know, think or speak when crap like this comes onto the front page..
    rockfreak611
    Crazyxadamx wrote: What's with all the Clown hate? You don't have to like them, but you shouldn't hate on any band that's successful, because there's always a reason. Well when you are rated the worst band ever to exist by multiple professional sites, you know that they're shit (just look at the garbage they call "good") Good to know that UG's community is a bunch of stereotypical and conformist groups.
    kamjam7
    time for my roasting. I've always liked the dark humor this band has, and bang pow boom was perfect! None of the songs aren't nearly as strange sounding, and the lyrics are hilarious though slightly immature at times. the best examples are boing boing, to catch a predator, juggalo island, and the bone. they also have some half serious, but entertaining songs. if no one noticed, the theme of the cd is a mass murder of pedofiles and just sick people. this cd was entertaining as hell, and i recommend it to anyone not afraid of admiting the "scene kids" were right. I do agree this doesn't belong on UG though.
    xDeathxMetalx
    Oh, and Vhmetalx; Dude, you just made yourself look terrible. Yeah we were rejected by normal society for being different, but at least we admit our flaws and accept them. ICP stands up and speaks out for us, and you cant stand that much love. I rest my case, and i'm done with this. If you want to take it up with me anymore, message me.
    fret13
    Pencil-Clock wrote: I'll admit, I used to think they were alright. They made me laugh a few times but then... I looked at my girlfriend, realised I wasn't gay and discovered Cannibal Corpse...
    +1 I can't tell you how amazing your comment is
    worldwideatroph
    Hahaha that was funny. I was gonna come in here and rant but it looks like everyone was way ahead of me. Shit band btw
    barden1069
    I think UG is trying to warn or ban as many people as possible, because having this on the front page is just begging for a flame-fest. That being said, while this band is certainly not my favorite I respect other people's right to choose to listen to it.
    koikomoru
    I used to love these guys. Until I grew up and heard some real music, including some good rap. These guys need to give it up. Their last albums about the Dark Carnival turned into songs about how they need more money to get a car they wanted on Ebay (yes it was for real), or how they wanted the fan base to vote for the new Faygo flavor as Purple Juggalo. The Carnival came and went, enough is enough.
    satanlives
    Sam Wotrey
    satanlives wrote: This site is dedicated to bands that actually play instruments. Stuff like this that just loops a simple beat for 3 minutes, should not be included here. I'm not saying it sucks. Some people like it, I guess, it just doen't belong on a site like this.
    Seconded. Some of their stuff is funny, I'll admit. But it contains as much musicality as a toaster. Plus their "juggalos" smell weird.
    abornael
    Funny that this site also reviews games and books. Site is reaaaaal dedicated to musicians.
    r0ckth3d34n
    Hahahaa!!! No wayyy! I can't believe this was on the front page! I use to be into ICP. I use to be a Juggalo, I grew out of it. The music is legit, but it shouldn't be a life style.
    xDeathxMetalx
    Slaytan666
    You should consider wearing a helmet at all times.