Straight Edge Failure Review

artist: Instant Asshole date: 01/07/2008 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Instant Asshole: Straight Edge Failure
Release Date: 2005
Label: Tankcrimes
Genres: Hardcore
 9.2
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Straight Edge Failure Reviewed by: nebensklo, on january 07, 2008

Sound: MADD would love this band! They make fast, thrashy hardcore under the influence of the Dead Kennedy's, MDC and alcohol. I love their music, exspecially because they are so unique! They combinate thrash and hardcore in a way I can't describe but I love it. The two last songs are kind of boring, I don't like it so much and they seem to be live, but the other songs are so great that I directly want to jump in the moshpit. Drunk music for drunk people. // 8

Lyrics: I don't understand the lyrics good, but it seems they sing a lot about beeing drunk and doing stupid things while they're drunk. Nothing very amazing but it's pretty funny. I love their singer. He's called John the Baker. He screams, shouts and growls (not often), but always with melody. So I love his voice. In one song the female bass player sings in a short part, it sounds kind of basely, so well done. // 9

Overall Impression: I almost said they sound unique (in my opinion) but it's like a mix of MDC, Dead Kennedys and some thrash. The best songs are "Satan", "M.F.B.W." "7th Heaven," "The Final Straw" and the very short song "Ate My Rent". I don't like the live track so much. And there's a short "Bonus Track" without vocals that I don't like. If I lost or stole it I would propably buy it, amazing. // 8

Comments