Distort Yourself review by Institute

• Released: Sep 13, 2005
Institute: Distort Yourself

The sound is honestly good minus the fact Gavin doesn't take the risk of changing his distortion up much. It's Bush because of Gavin but masterpiece because of the band as a whole, all of the members. It's better than most if not all the music we have currently on this market. It's so good and innovating due to the fact they have a different kind of style added to them. Don't get me wrong Bush was excellent but this is just a ballsier version of Gavin we haven't seen so far it's great.

These lyrics like anything that bleeds from the pen of Gavin, these lyrics are phenominal minus some repition in Animals Attack. Not doggin on the material I just would have had a better chorus. Otherwise a masterpiece.

I was impressed on the time that went into this record. You really can feel it. I honestly waited for this as soon as I heard Gavin was on the prowl for another creation. The most impressive record that I have heard as of late. I think Come On Over and Ambulances are defining as different sounding. I also think heavy hitting tracks such that as Boom Box and Wasteland are excellent. Overall the music, the lyrics, the sound, the feeling all of which are absolutely amazing to me. Best damn CD out there right now in this style of music.