Buried In Oblivion Review

Into Eternity: Buried In Oblivion
Release Date: Feb 10, 2004
Label: Century Media
Genres: Death Metal/Black Metal, Heavy Metal, Progressive Metal, Neo-Prog
Buried In Oblivion welds a few well-established styles into a solid, somewhat original whole, exuding plenty of ambition and musicianly skill in the process.
review (1) 11 comments vote for this album:
Buried In Oblivion Reviewed by: bimsterfls, on may 11, 2006

Sound: Well Into Eternity mixes Progressive type metal with death metal, and I must say it's awesome. I love this band they really know how to create the heavy death metal sound and the powerful progressive sound there are also two acoustic tracks on the album. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty cool from what I have read but I haven't read all of them and don't think it's too much of a big deal if I don't include much on them. Now this band does a great job with the vocals and singer Stu Roth has an incredible range that's really brought out when you see them live. He can growl but also sing with elegance, Rob Doherty provides the lowest growls on the album but Tim Roth also provides growls and harmonizes with Stu on pretty much all of the songs. Bass player Troy Bleich also fills in with backing vocals. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of my favorite albums of all time and it is a step up from the previous release Dead or Dreaming though that was also a great album as well. I really love all of the songs on the album but I whish they could have done with only One acoustic track and put another heavier song on there but really its not a big deal at all and its still awesome. My favorite songs are Splintered Visions, 3 Dimensional Aperture, Beggining Of The End, Black Sea Of Agony, and Spiraling into Depression I would definatley buy this album again if it were lost or stolen and if you are a fan of their Earlier music then you will love this. // 10

Comments