Dead Or Dreaming Review

Into Eternity: Dead Or Dreaming
Release Date: Sep 3, 2002
Label: Century Media
Genres: Heavy Metal, Death Metal/Black Metal, Progressive Metal, Neo-Prog
Into Eternity's Dead or Dreaming is loaded with great musical moments sure to please fans of death metal and progressive rock alike.
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Dead Or Dreaming Reviewed by: bimsterfls, on may 11, 2006

Sound: This is the first album from Canada's Into Eternity, having bought the follow up Buried In Oblivion first I didn't know what to expect from the band. Well the line up was Very different from that of BIO, Tim Roth being the only remaining member. With this out of the way the album kicks off With absolution of the soul one of the best on the album. The album, though very good can get a little boring at times but can pick itself up again at other points. The sound is very close to that of BIO. // 8

Lyrics: I haven't really read too much of the lyrics but they seem to be a little dark just like the ones off of BIO. The vocals on this album are pretty well done however Tim Roth and Daniel Nargang provide vocals for this one. Drummer Jim Austin provides Death vocals and bassit Scott Krall sings backup. So the vocals will sound different of course since the lineup is much different. They do a good job on the clean vocals but the Death vocals lack those of BIO, Rob seems to be able to deliver them better than Jim but the vocals are still solid. // 8

Overall Impression: Well as you can tell this one isn't as good as Buried in Oblivion but its still a very good listen and very well done album. If you are a fan of Buried in Oblivion I would suggest this album to you. My favorite songs are Absolution Of The Soul, Unholy (Fields Of The Dead), Distant Pale Future, and Shallow. If it were lost or stolen I wouldn't replace it right away but after about two weeks or so I would long to hear it again. // 8

Comments