The Design review by Into the Moat

• Released: Mar 8, 2005
Into the Moat: The Design

This CD is very technical and has some of the most impressive guitar work out their, if you're a fan of mathcore fused metal then you definitly need this. The guitars really are genious, I can not even describe how technical their songs are. The vocals also compliment the band very well. With that screaming you can never go wrong of this style of music. This band was playing a show very near by and I was so disappointed that I couldnt go. But at least I was at home listening to their masterpiece, the design.

Their lyrics are pretty well written, and their vocals compliment the style. You can really tell this band is full of musicians and not wannabes. So just do yourself a favor and finish reading this review and go to any near by record store and buy this immediatly.

This is my favorite mathcore inspired CD, not very many bands can do this style and acctually succeed, but Into The Moat, is like the leading leader of the genre. I think all of the songs on this CD are great, I really like the intro guitar work, but all of the amazing stuff carries on through the CD so, I really couldn't choose a favorite. I love the guitar work on this album, the only thing I hate is in some parts it can get repetative with the music, and that can get pretty annoying some days, but then this change it up as I'm just about to hit stop. If this CD were lost or stolen I would run to the store to buy a new copy, and seeing as the nearest store that sells music like this is about 45 miles, that is a very long way to run through the mountains. So seriously, go buy this CD right now, you won't regret it, I promise.

jwb89
    Hmmm...it takes a lot of balls to give an album like this a 10. Im saying that because this album wasnt that impressive. Who knows..maybe I should listen to it again, I might get into this time.