A Matter Of Life And Death review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Sep 5, 2006
Iron Maiden: A Matter Of Life And Death

Iron Maiden have come a long way since Dance Of Death on this album. The solos and riffs are heavy when needed, soft when appropriate and the slower songs make you wonder how something soft sounds so heavy at the same time. They've taken Dance Of Death and added a little Number Of The Beast into it. Songs like Out Of The Shadows and The Pilgrim gallop along and make you bang your head like you've never banged it before. Hopefully this will not be Iron Maiden's last masterpiece, because I can only imagine what the next will be like.

Lyrics on the album are like most other Iron Maiden songs. I don't think Bruce really went nuts with the lyrics, but it's easy to see that there's strong meaning behind them. His voice on the other hand, sounds just as good, if not better than ever. He shows great strength and stamina in his voice and goes perfectly with the music.

I'm amazed. That's all there is to it. It doesn't compare to the newer of the albums. If I, myself, were to choose between buying A Matter Of Life And Death, Dance Of Death, Brave New World or even Powerslave for that matter, I would buy A Matter Of Life And Death without even thinking. This album tops all Maiden albums easily. It's a masterpiece.

JD7
    Yeah, it is a very good album. I love the approach.