Brave New World review by Iron Maiden

• Released: May 30, 2000
Iron Maiden: Brave New World

Absolutely Brilliant sound from all three guitarists, every track that has an intro is fantastic. The Drums are great and Bruce Dickinson's voice is truly amazing and frankly quite creepy.

The Lyrics are absolutely great, sounding scary and packed full of words that you don't need to understand to enjoy, The Wicker Man and The Ghost of the Navigator reminded me of The Number of the Beast because of their gripping lyrical content. I love how Dickinson can almost scream when a song is at it's best. My only problem with the lyrics is that a lot of the words are repeated from different songs from this album and from previous maiden albums.

The only song that appeared on the Greatest was the Wicker Man which really is a shame because almost every track is worthy of being in it. My personal favourite is Blood Brothers which has probably the best tone in a guitar I have ever heard and has a phenomenal build up to its chorus. Another great track is dream of Mirrors. The Nomad is rather pointless but it has a good enough tune to it. Brave New World could definetly compete with other Iron Maiden albums. The cover of the album is awesome and shows eddie as a spirit over the futuristic London sky. If you havent already bought this CD I would recomend that you do immediately because your losing out on some really decent music. It is well worth the cash!