Brave New World review by Iron Maiden

• Released: May 30, 2000
Iron Maiden: Brave New World

This is one of my personal favorite albums by Iron Maiden. Every CD by Maiden has a sound to all there songs, its like an emotion or story. This record is amazing and I would give it a definite 5. The lyrics and the sound that came across really struck me as amazing. To me, it has a soft tone under a heavy flow. It's hard to say, but it's definitly amazing and I must have to any Maiden fan.

This album was written as usual by Steve Harris, but in the midst of writing it, his father died. "Blood Brothers" is the song he wrote for his dad, but I think the feeling comes across in a lot of the other songs too. The lyrics are very expressive and very powerful, and flow really well. Harris has always wrote good lyrics, but I think he really took it upon himself to write good lyrics for this CD.

They did a perfect job of keeping the same great tone through all the songs, but yet each one sounds different than the last. "Brave New World" and "Blood Brothers" expresses a more "soft tone" so to speak, and "The Mercenary" and "Fallen Angel" has that rough hard sound that you blow your speakers with. Some songs run a bit long, but if you think the song is good, then your set. This is a kick ass CD and I would give two thumbs up to anyone who is considering to buy it. If you want a true insight listen to it yourself and make your own review. Rock on.