Dance Of Death review by Iron Maiden

• Released: Sep 9, 2003
Iron Maiden: Dance Of Death

This album basically sticks to the tried and true Iron Maiden formula. Basically blazing fast guitar solos and catchy riffs with lyrics that refer to historic events such as Paschendale. If you have never listened to Iron Maiden before this is a good album to start with.

Bruce Dickinson and Steve Harris team up once again to deliver great lyrics that are more like poems about history and freedom. This makes for some great and often powerful music.

One word could describe this album: Epic. All the songs share that same feel of large scale power and that's what makes iron maiden stand out. Of all the albums this one is the most refined and polished. This in my opinion is my nominee for album of the year. If I was forced to pick one song that stood out to me it would have to be Paschendale. This song has such a catchy beginning which quickly shifts into a high octane metal anthem that cannot be ignored. Get this album if you like songs with an epic feel and a lot of structure in them. Forget it if you don't like songs with solos in them or that are five to seven minutes long.